RE: Thefts of Alfas

> About seven or eight years ago and for two consecutive years, either the
> Insurance Institute or Consumers Union put out a list of the most commonly
> stolen automobiles in the US. As always, Hondas were at the top of the
list
> but in the first ten were the 87 and 88 A-R Milano Verde and Milano Gold.!
> Don't know where or why but probably chop shops were shipping the parts to
> Europe or perhaps the Far East. Mine has been broken into twice but adding
> insult to injury neither time did they take the radio

i find this amazing - to the best of my knowledge, there were fewer than 900
verdes sold in the usa between '87 and '89.  there are probably more hondas
stolen in any given day than the grand total of verdes sold here in three
years ;)

perhaps the stats were based on stolen cars as a percentage of how many were
sold?

inquiring minds want to know!

bs