top boot covers - unbiased reply??

Paul writes
<snip>I'm in the market for a top boot cover for an '87 Spider Veloce.
I'm not too sure what I need.  The cheap one has twelve clips that go all
around the cover, while the expensive one has only two big clips.  I need
an unbiased opinion on this - do I really need to dish out the big
bucks?<end edited snip>

The cheap one was what was provided for the Graduate model, covers only
the folded down top, and is a bit of a project to put on and take off.
(Plus the clips break).  The expensive one is the one that originally
came with your (and my) Veloce.  It does not fold up quite as small, but
is much earsier to put on and take off.  The other benefits are that the
wind buffeting is reduced when the entire back area is covered, so you
and your passenger will be less wind-blown.  Less road detritus will get
picked up and blown back into the the well also, as it is fully covered.
I like my full cover obviously and recommend you pony up the $$$.
Good luck

Gordy Hyde
Seattle WA
NWARC
1987 Spider (top down through the tulips)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]