Re: alfa-digest V7 #637

In a message dated 4/13/99 11:41:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:39:08 EDT
 From: CARIBOULH@domain.elided
 Subject: which Redline product?

 Godfrey had written
 <<  had a bad experience with Red Line gear synthetic gear oil. I used it in
  my Toyota MR2 on the recommendation of a friend in the service department
  at a local performance shop. I don't know what exactly the incompatibility
  was, but the synchros simply stopped functioning entirely three days
  later, >>

  What Redline product did you use? They have several different products for
 different applications and the problem here may not be the fact that it's a
 Redline product, but that the wrong product was used.

 Ed at Caribou Imports, Inc.
 a very satisfied Redline user and vendor
 www.caribou.cc

	It might also be that the vehicle was not an Alfa.  After years, I
finally got my wife out of her MR-2 and into an Alfa Spider.  I run Red Line
products in my Alfas and recommend them.  I run MT in the spider
transmissions and NS in the limited slips to try and limit the slip.  I run
Red Line oil in the engine only on those Alfas not being driven much.  At $8
per quart It is too expensive for a daily driver.
	I even put Red Line 20W50 in the generator of my motor home the other
day.  It only took a quart and a half.  Plus the only oil I had in the garage
was Red Line or Castrol and I did not want to make a trip to the store.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City

End of alfa-digest V7 #639