Spider Seats, early '70's

     I've been working on the seats from my 1972 and 1974 spiders, trying
     to make 1 good set. Here are some observations that others may find of
     interest.

     1) The rails from the '72 and '74 are different. (not really in size
     or function, just in the details of the shape and construction)

     2) On the '74, the levers that move the seat back and forward are both
     on the left. On the '72, their on opposite sides.

     3) Neither set of rails will fit to the "new" floor pans that were
     installed. (the pans were an Alfa OEM part) I needed to lengthen the
     slotted area at the rear of each rail about 1/2 inch.

     Lastly,
     I'm looking for the plastic knob, that is attached to the lever that
     tilts the seat on a mid seventies spider forward (to better gain
     access behind the seat). Just a little item, but still I need one. If
     you got an old "ratty" seat laying around that has one on (and you
     want to get rid of the knob) drop me a line.

     Tim Lentz
     Tampa, FL
     '74 Spider (under construction)