re: broken fan blades

>I am hoping the blade broke b/c the shroud broke
>and fell into the fan instead of it being sagging motor mounts.

or just broke from stress/ageing which is fairly common...

>What performance upgrade shoud I go after here?  How many blades can I
>cut off the fan?

For Sacto? NONE!

>Has anyone replaced their fan with an electric unit?

I've been tempted. It would be a great replacement but it has to be
installed on the front of the radiator.

>I live in Sacramento where it is over 100 almost every day in the summer.

Do I need to remove the radiator to replace the fan?

Yes. Regan Copple and I tried to do an emergency replacement of his (by
stealing the fan off my "Duetto-like Spider" and we were able to get the
fan off the pulley (it had exploded so much there wasn't much left on the
pulley) but later cars have a spacer to allow fan to clear the larger crank
pulley. No way in hell you are going to get in there...unless ET comes by
to help.

Michael Williams
Sacramento, California US of A
69 Duetto