Museo Storico Alfa Romeo

Hi,

The Alfa Romeo plant is not in the city of Milano but in Arese. Arese lays
north of Milano at the autostrada E 35, about 20 km.  from the citycentre.

It is open four days a week. (I cannot remember if it is closed on monday
or wensday). It is definetely closed during the weekend. Sending a fax in
which you require a visit is the easiest and safest way (I have been alone
in the museum, without a guard, for half a day, they opened it specially
for Ill Signore Ollandese della Fax.) If I had not enquired in advance the
guard at the fence of the complex would have said that the museum was closed.

It is almost impossible to visit it by public transport. Beside that, it is
huge fun to rent a smal Fiat (wil cost you max. $ 50.00 a day) and enjoy
fully the Italian way of driving yourself !  This must be an attraction at
itself for an American driver. ("official" max speed in Italy is 130 Kmh.,
practically "as fast as you dare to").
If you get caught for speeding, (very low risk) pretend not to speak or
understand any Italian.

If you have still some questions please do not hestitate to contact me.

Saluti,

Thom Fransen
fransen@domain.elided