Receiver/Dryer in GTV6 Tropic Air

When I aquired my GTV6 the air conditioning was dead on arrival. As this is a
black car and So Cal is quite hot, I felt fixing it was very important.

So far I have had a Milano air cond. compressor installed and then the lines
into the car had to be replaced. Still the air doesn't flow. As the lines
were rotted open due to being routed to near one of the turbo housings, the
system was open to air. I have been told that the most likely problem is the
receiver dryer, as the desicant in it swells up. The problem is that the darn
thing has 2 temp sensors, one threaded, one O ring style. I have not been
able to find a susbstitute to fit this application. The reason for hunting
for a sub is the nearby dealer wants $160 for the part when from a parts
store almost everyone of these sells for $40.

Any ideas or do I have to spend the $160, which is even more than the Milano
parts cost (due to the excellent recycling of A.P.E.). I would use a recycled
one but I have heard that any exposure to air ruins them and so was worried
about trying.

Brian Beckham