Speedo jumping

     Bill, of Alfa Search and Rescue fame, asks:
     My wonderful SO, has asked me what would cause the speedo needle to
     flick around/jump in her 91 Spider w/ stick. New speedo cable, Any
     pearls of wisdom to throw me so that I can retain my hero status?
     (thus far not challenged...)

     Bill, When the cable was changed, did you grease it? A light coating
     of white grease, like Lubriplate, along the whole of the internal
     cable will stop the speedo from jumping. If a new cable is installed
     in an old sheath, the housing is dry, and grabs the cable. A little
     lube works magic. In fact, you can suggest to your SO that you worked
     some magic into the speedo! (A new sheath and cable should also be
     lubed.)
     Good luck,
     Len