Re: Alfa 2.0TS coils- Technical info

As an owner of a 2.0TS, currently with some mysterious ignition problem, I may
have some light to share on this topic.

> Subject: Alfa 2.0TS coils- Technical info

<snip>

> 1) Is the trigger edge (signal to fire) rising or falling. Most
> conventional systems are falling, so I assume that is the case here but I
> would like to make sure that this is the case here.
Falling.

> 2) On the four pin plug what does each wire to the module do? I may need
> to re-wire this and therefore need to know the function of each wire from
> the ECU.
1,4 ground. (black)
2 ECU	(pink/black)
3 power supply. (green/black)
I may have swapped 3 and 2 here.
Note that they are  not connected in this order. In the connector it is 2, 3, 4,
1 (or at least; pink, green, black, black)

> 3) What is the loading sent to/from the ECU to the module?
There is normally 12V between 2 and 3, which is grounded at ignition.

Hope this helps,

Anders Nilsson
- -90 2.0TS resting