Alfetta GTV old vs. new gearbox speedo sender

I have an '81 Alfetta GTV 2.0 (that is a new-type, using speedometer and
other gauges same as on GTV6). I would like to rebuild a gearbox lying in my
basement. The only problem is the fact that this gearbox is from an
older-type Alfetta GTV 2.0, which uses cable instead of electronic speedo
sender.

I was wondering, is it possible to transfer the electronic speedo-sender
from my current gearbox to the older one? Is there any difference in
gearing, or final drive ratio?

Thanks in advance,

Marko Mataija
Alfetta GTV 2.0 '81