re: 164 overactive blinker

In AD v7n591, ascher wrote:

>>my blinkers are possessed!  both of them blink normally sometimes, blink
like their on caffeine at other times, and sometimes - get this: begin
blinking at a light at regular intervals.  then in a maybe half a minute
or so, it will start blinking way too quickly.  any ideas??<<

You bet, you have dirty contacts. The fast blinking indicates a bad
bulb/incomplete circuit somewhere. The blinker speed is set up for a certain
amount of power use (x number of bulbs) and it will blink faster when fewer
bulbs are in the circuit.

Check all the bulbs by visual inspection when the fast blinking is happening.
My bet is you'll find one or more bulbs with corroded connections. Clean these
up (maybe do all of them just to make sure) and the fast blinking will very
likely disappear.

My '88 Jaguar XJ40 taught me this one, regularly. The inattentive woman
driving her Mazda taught it how to go to Jag heaven, sigh.

ciao

Tom
'63 Spider (no matter where the name came from)
'99 Volvo S80 (not your typical Volvo)
Seattle