Alfa personalities, hogwash

<<<<<
If the Alfa Control system is so strange it could mystify Mulder and Scully
(whoever they are) then perhaps you understand exactly what makes your TV,
Computer, your own body and other complicated things work?   Anything
electronic is a mystery to most people ans as for the ARC, if all of the
sensors are in proper working order, it works fine and does a very good job
of it!   If you never taught your wife how to drive the Milano properly,
then it will cough, spit and sputter.   The Milano hates no one that knows
how to drive and care for it.  Personalities indeed, BAH Humbug!
Fred DiMatteo

Relax, I was speaking more in a romantic tense than literal <g>.

But to be honest, few of us have driven as many different Alfa Romeos as
you.  Although I've owned six now, each one has different "quirks" that
endeared them to me.  Call me a hopeless old romantic, but of my current
scuderia of cars, each of them drives differently, and each reflect a
different part of my personality.

For driving to work, I prefer my Milano automatic.  It's quiet, subtle,
easy to drive, fades into the traffic, yet when speed and manuverability
are demanded, she delivers.

For wild fun, I drive the GTV6.  The steering and accelerator are touchy,
responding almost to my thoughts.  It's rough, harsh, and absolutely
exhilarating.

And for romantic nights out, I enjoy the leather and luxury of my wife's
164L.  I just wish she'd let me drive it <g>.

There is a psychologist's term for this: quarterdeck breed.  It normally
refers to a ship captain who, when "retired" or promoted to a shore post,
can't adjust.  That person, no matter how disciplined and realistic, has a
part of their personality that loves their ship.  Loves the freedom of the
sea.  A lot of us are like that, loving our cars, and giving them names and
personalities (that are more likely mirrored from our own.)

Even you, my friend, are a romantic: gyrocopter lessons? <g>

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 156k miles
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 52k miles
1984 GTV6, "Falconi", 131k miles