Re: Transplants (a wee bit of Alfa content near the end)

Eric H writes:

>Irony in some of those American transplants...one of the
>better one's is the use of the GM 350 in Jaguars with the
>factory GM auto transmissions. This would be horrid in an XK
>or E-Jag...but somewhat practical in an early 80 XJ with
>their high failure rate. The irony lies in the fact that the
>new ones have Ford V8's in them.

I actually did this to a '75XJ.  Think it got 9mpg so I pretty much
circled gas stations in it.

When I was shopping for my MG T type, I ran accross a '53 that had
a 353 in it.  The ad proudly proclaimed that it "gets rubber in all
gears."  I bet it does.  What was this guy thinking?  Like the guy
said that saw a twin-cam with a B engine, makes you want to cry.

However, here in the Capitol Chapter of the AROC we've got
a member that's put a Spider 2L into a Sazuki Samurai.  Gotta
admit it's pretty kewl.

Best,

Scott