Transplants.. and reasons for them

I stated a few digests ago that I put a rotary engine in my Spider.  I have
received a number of e-mails on this, both good and bad.

I just want all of you to know my thoughts on this subject.

I bought this car for $100.00 from a guy that had it as a parts car.  There
was nothing of use except the chassis and rear end.  No seats, no floorboards,
no chrome, no glass, no transmission, and NO ENGINE!

If I had not bought it, it would surely have become scrap, and one less Alfa
on the road.

If it would have been a prime example, I would not, and I would assume no one
would have done things this way.

Many of you buy up "parts" or "restorable" cars. Some of you do something with
them, and some of you let them ROT!

So, to make a long story short.  If I have to put a Mazda powerplant in a
Spider, or manufacture my own parts, I WILL DO WHATEVER I CAN TO KEEP THIS
ALFA ALIVE!

Jon
Dallas