Question on Gas Smell

I purchased a mint condition 1982 Spider Veloce last summer.  I have
noticed a slight smell of gas since I purchased the vehicle and have
been unable to identify the source.  On Saturday I removed the car from
winter storage, but the gas smell was very noticable even after going
for a drive.   There are no signs of leakage.  I have tightened most of
the clamps I could find, but no noticable difference.  Does anyone have
any specific suggestions that could help me find the source of the
smell?

Kevin Green
Ontario, Canada