Re: Duetto vs. Non Duetto

Ya know, I'm beginning to feel like a second class citizen in the Spider
world. All the debate about Duettos/Roundtails, their own register, a
register for the Kamm tail cars up to 1975 ... No one want to know about
those "ugly late '70s cars"? ... sheesh.

Personally, I think the Kamm tail '71-'74 Spiders were the prettiest
bodies. the roundtail looks good to me from certain angles but most of
the time I just don't like the way the tail slopes away so much.  I like
the interior on the early '70s Kamm tails the most, too ... simple,
understated, durable.

The addition of the big bumpers on the US cars to meet our government's
cowtow to the insurance industry spoiled the line somewhat but with a
little modification (a set of springs to lower the car to the proper ride
height, shorter mounts in the rear to bring the bumper in closer to the
trunk, and a pair of fiberglass replicas to rid the car of all that
excess weight at the ends), it's not spoiled by much. Spiders after 1982
or 1983 started to get a lot fancier in the interior appointments, and I
prefer the separate tach and speedo binnacles... And then there are all
the small changes that happened as the '80s progressed...

No matter to me, though. They're all Alfas and they are all rather
special. Perhaps we could have one Spider register for everyone to be
listed in.

Godfrey
  '79 Spider with '82 running gear