Various 155 Questions

Now that we have some clarification on the 'alfisti' issue, good day fellow
Alfisti!!

I would like to pose a couple of questions to the cognoscenti (no, lets not
start THAT again!!) out there re the 155 V6 (1997). First of all, tyres. The
car came shod with Alfa-issue Pirelli P700z's (205/50R15). After 45 000 km
they are showing a bit of wear and tear, but should make 55 000 km (rotated
them at 30 000 km). Any options out there as to whether to go for the
Pirelli P7000 or to change brand? I have always been a Michelin fan, they
recommend a MXV3A Pilot HX. Here in the sunny New South Africa the weather
is pretty warm (ave summer daytime temp 28 - 32 deg Celsius, winter daytime
temp 15 - 20 deg Celsius) with fast driving. I commute to work at 140 kph on
the highway, when travelling to clients often travel 160 kph (180 if I'm
late!!). I do 3 - 4 000 km a month, 70% under the conditions mentioned
above.  The main roads and highways are first class by first world
standards. No, I am not bragging about our wide open spaces here, just
giving a picture of my driving circumstances! Which, after all, is why I
chose the 155 above all else. IMHO, could not have made a better choice. But
I digress. Any comment on different tyres' road handling/noise, either
general or specific to the 155.

The second question is that of high-level (third) brake lights. Disappointed
that it never came out with one as standard, they are not fassion
accessories! I have looked at the SA-issue Alfa Accessories catalogue, but
their model looks flimsy and I don't think it will handle the African sun. I
quite like the look of Hella's items, but I want mine to have an 'Alfa'
label, not 'Hella' in the rear window!! Anybody seen anything out there,
specifically web-based catalogues etc? My car has a 'blown-brake-light'
detector, will the installation of another light on the same circuit mess
with this (useful) idiot light's functioning? My gut-feel is yes.

Apologies for the long posting, but being my first, I have indulged a little
in sharing the feeling of DRIVING my Alfa everyday. Besides, it keeps me
sane!

Myles Roberts
Johannesburg, South Africa

His:	1997 155 V6
	previously 1981 Fiat 131 2000 (recently sold at 353 000 km and still
strong!)
	1994 BMW K1100 LT (his other vice)
Hers:	1996 146 Ti
	previously 1985 Giullieta 2000 Executive (recently sold at 320 000 km and
also still strong!)
	1996 BMW R1100 RS (her other vice)