Digest#570 GTV badges

The disegno di bertone badge on 1972-74 GTVs originally appears only on the
passenger side lower fender and not at the same location on the drivers side
because: The driver who almost always is the owner too knows who designed the
car. In over 20 years of GTV ownership,I heard this many years ago and it
seems to make perfectly good sense. I have also seen many people glueing a
similar badge on the drivers side to acheive uniformity although it is not
correct.

I have been compiling a  hard copy Register of 1972-74 2000 GTVs since 1991
mostly requesting participation through various club publications. If anyone
would like to participate, I would need Year, Serial#,Date of Manuf. (from D/S
door jamb plaque),color Ext/Int and any other interesting info. I have over
500 entries thus far, and i am trying to make it as complete as possible and
perhaps print it up when it reaches a reasonable state of completion. THANK
YOU.

Alex Gouras
1972 GTV-1974 GTV-1987 MILANO

- --part0_921959226_boundary--