Re: Door Seals

Andrew,

I just put a set of the Re-Originals on last year.  They are a lot softer than
the ones I had gotten previously and the doors close with a reasonable amount
of force now.

They are not hard to put on, just match the corners and work to the center of
each section from the corners.  Takes a little bit of time.

Your channels may be rusty, especially the lowest ones on the front of the
door, so you may want to schedule time to take them out and sand and repaint.
3M makes a rope caulk that you use to seal the channels from the car.  A
single strip slightly stretched is about right to get a good water tight seal
and cushioning from metal on metal.

John Justus
1971 1750 GT Veloce