Alfisticism

In v.7, #567, Walter Buchignani said:

"for the person who asked: alfisti plural; alfista singular."

...but then Tom Washburn said:

"A guy is an alfisto, a gal is an alfista."

Who are we going to believe? Common sense would seem to indicate that
the guy with the Italian name would be more of an authority here. But
then on the other hand I know a guy who pronounces his own name
"Gag-lee-own," and claims his whole family stopped even thinking in
Italian the instant they hit American soil. Therefore, I vote that we
ask Fred!

Will Owen
Nashville, TN