Pinging 164- me too

Stuart Thomson wrote:
I've got a 1990 164 which seems to be pinging on acceleration when hot.
After I start in the morning it's fine, but by the time I reach the
freeway it's at around 85C, and starts to ping when I accelerate in
either 4th or 5th.

I too have the same problem with my 91 164 so if there are any ideas out
there include me in too. I have posted the same question a while back but I
got no replies. It is now cold here in Minnesota so the problem is gone
since the engine never gets hot (above 175) but spring is around the corner.
Eugenios Christodoulou
91 164
91 164L
Minnesota