Re: cross-drilled and slotted rotors

>Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:53:20 -0500
>From: "Mark Jones" <jones164@domain.elided>
>Subject: cross drilled and slotted rotors
>
>Sorry to say, neither cross drilled rotors or slotted rotors are probably of
>any use on our Alfas.  The cars are not heavy or fast enough for off gassing
>to be a real-world issue.  Before anyone gets offended, another way to look
>at it is that the stock brake system is more than capable for any situation
>we are likely to throw are cars into, even on the track.

Well, sorry to disagree, but I must. Experience has shown with our
club-racing Alfetta sedan, that the standard V6 brakes are NOT up to the
task of track work. You may think you pushed your car hard, but perhaps the
track you were at doesnt require a lot of heavy stopping lap after lap.
Every person I know who races with V6 brakes, slots or drills them. The
gases produced need a place to escape, and in racing conditions there is
even more produced. Standard discs are not up to the task.
Standard brakes are fine for the odd lap dash or club sprint, but racers
need drilling or slotting (slotting seems more common now).
- --
Nathan Wong             http://www.nectar.com.au/~alfacors
                      Alfa Romeo - Super Touring - Club Cars
AlfaCors@domain.elided       V8Supercars - Formula One - CART