Re: Rollbar revisted

There is no way to have a legal rollbar in an Alfa Spider that permits
you to close the convertible top.

What Autopower is telling you, howver, is that they are concerned about
liability and will not sell a race bar that does not project back to the
wheel well for bracing--this mean that the entire top mechanism must be
out of the way to reach the top of the well.

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Robin Boyar wrote:

> Thanks to all for their advice regarding a (race) rollbar for my Duetto.
> As many of you suggested, I contacted AutoPower.  However, they noted
> that to install the bar, I need to remove my top.  Is there some way
> around this, or do I have to pray for no rain on the way to and from the
> track?
>
> Thanks,
> Robin
>

> '67 Duetto (stayed home this weekend)
> '92 Saab 900 (well appreciated on the trip to Tahoe)

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******