Re: Headlights & US vs Euro names for Alfa's

******************
Warren Reid writes:
...I've decided its about time to do something about the inner and outer
headlights of my series
1 1750 GTV. The reflectors on 2 of the lights are far from what they
should
be (ie. corrosion, rust etc). Apart from the original Carellos, which
over
here (Australia) seem to be an extraordinary price (A$163 and $125 for
outer
and inner respectively - and thats from a 4 Y.O catalogue!), does
anybody
know what other brands (Hella, Bosch etc) and part no. are
interchangeable
or can be adapted so that the rims etc can still be used?
******************

Warren / Digesters, this first part is a blatant pitch. AlfaCyberSite
will soon be offering Cibie lighting systems. I was going to e-mail
Warren off line suggesting he consider them for his series 1 1750 GTV.

My naive assumption was that the outer are standard 7" and the inner are
standard 5.75" high beams. Then I read further and he mentions the
difference between series 1 and 2. He also has concerns if he can use
his same rims.

So I think to myself, what's a series 1 vs 2? What makes their lighting
unique so that standard lights won't necessarily fit within the rims?
And is it possible a series 1 & 2 1750 GTV might be something entirely
different in the US?

Now that I've embarrassed myself, can anyone answer these questions?

One last little plug before final question - the 7" headlights (not sure
about 5.75" at this time) can soon be ordered with built in parking
lamps. Also, soon to be offered in yellow. Not sure (hey, I'm learning)
if you will be able to get the combination of yellow and built-in
parking lamps, but, hey...way cool if you're into the Euro look.

Back to Biba's ignorance: Could someone compile a list of names assigned
to Alfas in the US vs Europe (+rest of the world)? For instance, is
"our" Milano the same as the European 90?

Biba
Irwindale CA