one style only of 68-70 buttress seats

In AD7-547 Bob Brady raises questions about the ""flying buttress" seats of
the 1969 GT Veloce- he has seen two types, with and without large tufts, and
wonders were there two types of seats offered in '69, and was the distinction
USA vs. the rest of the world? He also mentions that one side only (driver
side?) has an
adjustable headrest.

The parts books show just one type in the basic book, none in the USA
supplement. Driver's side only has the adjustable headrest, but one should be
able to pick up an RHD set and a LHD set and discard the unwanted pair. The
deep transverse tuft is standard. I suspect that the deviant ones he saw had
been reupholstered.

The split between these and the later style occurred during the 1970
production- buttresses up to 1365000 LHD and 1454000 RHD, with the 1970
production running from 1350044 to 1371585 and from 1451658 to 1452569. (USA
numbers are out of this range entirely, but still no seats showing in the USA
supplement)

They were available in an even Grey cloth, fawn cloth, black plastic, deep
purple plastic (for fly-yellow cars, presumably), wild boar plastic (which
would be the ubiquitous tan one sees), dark brown leather, and red leather.

They are nice indeed; I had a brand new pair of black ones, take-outs out of a
local GTA, in my Giulietta Spider. Cost me seventy-five dollars.

Cordially,

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.