Swan song, with accompaniment

In AD7-547 Bruce Taylor in Geneva mentioned the "Swan Car" from India, "with
its exotic sculpted body of painted wood.  The driver could cause a jet of
steam to be ejected from the swan's beak to encourage the crowds to disperse!"

Don't remember the steam, but I do remember hearing about loud quacks.

He however failed to mention the other very special feature- I forget the
exact chemistry, think it may have involved calcium carbide, but in any case
the car was arranged to dispense, at the owner's direction, substantial
puddles of reasonably realistic swan guano out the exhaust pipe.

Cordially,

John H.