Re:Immediate Response to posting (No Alfa content/parts/discussion)

Well, I finally got caught up on the Digest, and nobody had answered the
question of "how does a person get a response before his post was displayed in
the Digest?"

The answer, is that you can get your Alfa Digest information in either the
"digest" format, which means Major Domo or Capt Domo collects them and sends
them out in groups of just under 25K bytes.  Or Colonel Domo sends them out as
they come in.  If some one was sitting at their computer and getting the as
sent version, they could immediately reply to the Digest and to you, and you
would get the reply before you saw your original question even posted in the
"digest" version.

I had a little trouble with this when I first started reading the Digest a
couple of years ago.  I was trying to get questions answered first, you know
that old competition thing, and I went so far as to post the answer to the
resistance ratings on the coolant temperature or oil pressure sending unit and
saying "here is the answer to the question you haven't asked yet"  (The
Psychic Hot Line has never called and offered a job, so I guess I was just too
far ahead of myself.)   (Although someone did ask for those readings about 4
months ago.)

John Justus
Reference library of 3 books, two on weird Italian cars, one on Isuzu Rodeo
(If anybody is getting my humor, please tell me.  I am trying to quit my day
job and go into e-mail comedy and I could use the feedback.)