The solo set vs. the polo set or Alfas vs. Astons

Although aimed at very much a different clientele [at least when they're
new, thankfully], Alfas and Astons share many interesting technologies, n=
ot
too mention heritage.

Aston Martin was one of the very few carmakers to use the De dion rear fo=
many years. The factory even had a GTV6 test mule [I have the photos
somewhere] they used for advanced development on the De dion. Unfortunate=
ly,
the DB7 does not continue the use of the De dion rear, although the "larg=
er"
Astons [larger being a relative term when referring to this much tonnage]
continue on the old platform.

My 83 Aston has four webbers and Stone Age electrics with LED's that go p=
oof
in the night. Practically an Alfa, and if aluminum could rust, I'm sure t=
he
Aston would too. What I wouldn't give for four more of those cylinders,
though=85

dave s.
NJ, USA
95 164Q