RE: grill

I have to admit that I generally prefer to leave things that look good from
the factory as is, but I find the GTA's so appealing, and the grille of the
Junior is definately not my favourite...

I'm building this car with intent to race (I already have a very original
1750GTV road car) and so I guess Im just following in the footsteps of the
Alfa race engineers - lightweight parts where available, uprated
engine/drivetrain/suspension, minimal interior.

I love the simplicity and elegance of the GTA - the minimal door handles and
grille, the magnesium wheels, the aluminium panels.  Not to mention the
engine, which is a work of art on its own.( Ill have to make do with a
relatively mundane powerplant there...)

Im not going to put on any ugly flares or wings or air dams or anything.
Just do to Junior what the factory would have done had he been intended for
the racetrack, rather than the road (or a farmer's shed!)

so its not really a replica as such, but a racing development of a road car,
using Alfa's GTA racecar as an example or  guide to work from.

cheers,

Ben