Re: alfa-digest V7 #538

> 1. How do I free the heads with out without resorting to cracking them
> off?

Get a bit more vicious with that 2x4 and a large soft-faced hammer and
work from as many sides as you have access to.

Also make sure that the DPO didn't replace one of the head nuts with a
conventional non-domed one. When I did mine, I missed one entirely
because it didn't have nice shiny top that said "undo me". So I spent
quite some time before I took a break, came back to it and ... "duh"

I assume you have removed the brake master/booster assembly?

> 2. The mistimed cam concerns me. I can t see how it could have slipped
> forward.  I wonder if I should be messing with this motor at all if
> the the previous owner/mechanic  was that terrible.......

Look on the bright side, can you make it any worse ?? :-)

> I'm not imporessed with the de-tensioner currently installed as I was
> able to slip the belt off without slackening the tensioner.

Yes, it is possible, but not easy. Follow the procedure in the factory
manual and you can kiss belt tension worryies goodbye (leaking hydraulic
tensioners excepted).

Have fun,

Tony
1979 Alfetta 2000 (parting out)
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                          *     Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader     *    *   339 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided       *    PO Box 1643
Phone: +61 7 3259 2382                     Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3259 2259              *      Australia