Automatic Milanos

I have a favor to ask: would any owners of automatic transmission Milanos
email me off-Digest and tell me how long their transmissions lasted without
significant repair?  I'm at 156k miles, and wondering just how far she'll
keep going.

Also, the Milano has some sentimental value to me.  If the auto tranny
should go boom, is it easy to convert it to five speed, or are there
significant differences in the body around the driveline?  A rebuilt auto
tranny from Alfa is $2400, which is more than I paid for the car.

NOTE: at this time, the auto tranny is alive and well.  I'm just considering
options down the road.

Thanks!

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 156k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles