AXXIS brakes on Milanos

<<<<<
Today I just replaced the front brakes in my 89 Milano Gold. I replaced the
pads with Axxis metal master pads and the rotors with Brembo Drilled rotors
from Best Price. I notice now that it really doesn't want to stop. Stopping
distance is actually increased with the new brakes.

I also replaced the front brakes on my Milano Platinum (ABS) with AXXIS
pads, but kept the stock rotors.  The first few stops require more pedal
effort, but once the AXXIS pads are warmed up to operating temp, they work
better than originals.  I'm putting them on my GTV-6 next.

I would start suspecting the rotors, all other things being equal.  If you
can, put the original rotors back on and leave the AXXIS pads, then test it
out.

<<<<<
I also noticed that after I took it out for the first test run that there
was smoke coming from the engine compartment. I discovered brake fluid
coming out of the
reservoir...

I made the same mistake.  Pushing back the pistons pushed the fluid back up
the reservoir.  In my case, the ABS system has a BIG reservoir, but I still
leaked some.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 156k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles