More 164 Woes

I reported on my poorly running '91 164L yesterday.  Well, today I decided
to try to ses what's up with it, and the car won't even start!

With the ignition "ON", there is not any gas coming out of the input to the

fuel rail.  When the starter is cranked, fuel spurts out like it should.  I

do not have any sort of shop manual, so I don't know what I should expect,
although it seems unusual.

1.  Can anybody tell me how the fuel pump should work?  I would have thoght

there should have been pressure any time the ignition was "ON".
2.  Where are the relays that control the fuel pump?

Until I get a shop manual (CD) I could sure use some advice.  Thanks.