Re: alfa-digest V7 #526

> Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 09:37:22 -0700
> From: Chris Lesher <chris.lesher@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Milano speakers
>
> Hi all,
>
> I recently went through this with help from various digesti.  The rear
> speakercages  are for 5 1/4 unless you want to do some mods.  Joel told me
> he put 6x9's in a Milano years ago and it involved cutting metal, I believe.
> Surely you could put 6x9 or 6 1/2s in the rear without cutting IF you don't
> mind having them stick up from the shelf and build a custom cage to hold
> them.  The grills just clip on - pry them off on each side with a putty
> knife or screwdriver.
>
> Chris Lesher
> Boulder CO

Actually, in my old Verde I installed in the rear deck a pair of 6" round Polks.
One of my reasons for this pick was that I wanted speakers that could be
hidden under the original grills. The installation was kind of a pain.

My partner Stephen just installed a pair of 6x9 Polks in the rear deck of
his new Verde. He had a fairly easy time of it, and used the Polk grilles.
On the inboard side you can see a bit of the depression in the rear deck
panel from the original speakers, but it's barely noticable. If I had it to
do over again, I'd follow the same path.

Joel Hailey
Centerline Products
Boulder CO
303-447-0239