Re: 164 blinker light assembly

Ascher:
We just had the right (USA passenger side) blinker assembly replaced due
to contact with the lens and a hitchin' post (actually a post designed
to keep cars from running through the kitchen of a local restaurant).

Part was $30 and 15 minutes of labor (at the max) remove the headlight
and slide out the old one slide in the new one and bolt it all back
together. Pry back the rubber gasket that surrounds the headlight and
drapes over the radiator core support. I really didn't watch that
closely; but it looked like a pressure fit. The friction of the parking
lite/turn signal blinker bulb socket or maybe the twist of the socket in
the blinker light assembly may be all that holds it together. If so no
wonder your assembly slid out. (You're not supposed to stand on the
brakes that hard<G>)

Total cost was $45 parts labor and tax.
Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett