Re: '74 regs

Tim Lentz wrote:

     FYI - In the USA, the Spider had a minor "upgrading" of the bumpers
     between the '72 and '73 model years. (not '73-'74). To my knowledge
     the 1973 and 1974 spiders are identical EXCEPT for the ingnition
     interlock system (mess) on the '74's.

I recall trotting down to my local Alfa dealer in Columbus, Ohio
six months after purchasing my '73 Spider. In addtion to the new
ignition, Alfa had also gone to the spiffy alloy wheels in 1974.

I also recall inquiring how much a new set would cost, nodding
sagely at the answer and walking away. Lucretia still sports her
original steel wheels.

My recollection, like most other things about me, might have
deteriorated in 26 years.

Warren Nicholson
Santa Clara, CA
'73 Spider (still!)