Re: SF hotel recommendations

I've recommended this to other folks before and they seem to have been
happy with it:

 Stanyan Park Hotel
 750 Stanyan Street
 San Francisco, CA 94117
  415 751-1000

This is an old-timey, landmark hotel. Prices are not super cheap but
they're not exorbitant downtown business hotel prices eithr. It's at the
edge of the Haight-Ashbury district, overlooking the eastern entrance to
Golden Gate Park. A neat neighborhood to walk around and away from the
downtown business district madness. There are busses and the metro all
within a few blocks walk too.

I booked my mother there when I lived in SF about 10 years ago and she
loved it too. :)

Godfrey