gasket sealant drying

Hi,
Thanks to all the advice people gave me on the digest, I replaced my water
pump this weekend. Removing the studs by double-nutting worked fine for me,
you just have to have the patience to wiggle the pump out, as it catches on
the tach drive gear. Other than that, it was fairly straightforward - if you
know how to program your VCR you should be able to handle this :-)
I just have one more question: I used Permatex Ultra Grey sealant, and it
says it requires 1 hour to dry and 24 hours to cure. Does this mean I need
to wait 24 hours to start the car? I did this yesterday (Sunday) afternoon,
so it is dry but not cured.
Thanks
Chris Keen
'77 spider