Thanks John Hertzman,older Alfas, newer motors

Greetings Alfisti!
     First, a hearty thanks to John Hertzman for the Alfetta Velocissima info
(Pant pant drool !)NOW I have info to go on and make "Lazarus" look as the
makers in Arese(or Portobello?) intended...........Thanks.
     Second, this question is being asked for a computer challenged friend.He
asked me to pose the question of fitting newer (Bosch FI) 4 cylinder motors
into older Alfas such as Guilettas,older spiders and Berlinas etc.This would
be done for 1.ease of maintainability 2.availability of speed parts 3.keeping
an older alfa on the road that might have otherwise gone to the crusher
4.reliability for daily driver usage.I can imagine that people have done
this;I'd like to get info for him regarding how one should go about doing a
swap.What newer 4 cylinder motors will go into which older Alfas with a
minimum of fuss?What V6 motors could conceivably go into older Alfas?
Please email me off post if you could.
Thanks,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold-Alfie
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus, keeping it's stock configuration.SPICA is
fascinating!)