Milano vs. GTV6 1st gear/syncro - Broken?

I've got my transmission apart on the table and am surprised to see a
different 1st gear syncro than shown in my manual (my manual only has
the GTV6 section for dismantling the transmission).  My Milano 1st gear
syncro has some extra parts that is not shown for the GTV6.  Looking at
the syncro from the front with the small segment at the bottom, I've got
a 1/4 inch wide post off the syncro engagement teeth of the gear that
the snap ring attaches to, just right of the small segment.  To the
right of this post there is a coil spring with two square retainers on
either end.  I've never seen notice of this difference, I'd like to see
a picture of the proper set up of this syncro.  Can anyone refer me to
one or email me a picture?

Also the 1/4 post I referred to appears to be broken off the syncro
engagement teeth portion of the first gear (thus my desire for a
picture).  I've never had a problem with the operation of 1st gear so
I'm thinking this post is not critical.  With the snap ring in place the
broken off post stays in place and has operated fine for who knows how
long.  Any experience with this, can I just reassemble as is or am I
going to have to buy a new first gear, or can I get a new syncro
engagement portion of the first gear to press on?

Again I ask, please share your wisdom.

Thanks
Scott Swanberg
'87 Milano, Platinum