Re: Cracked GTV-6 coolant bottle

While I don't own a GTV-6, this thread caught my attention. Somebody
(thank you, Chris Attias) finally commented that this IS a pressurized
surge tank, not just an overflow bottle. While browsing through a race
parts catalog, I came across an Aluminum expansion tank for $60. It has a
1/2" NPT bottom fitting, a 3/8" NPT side fitting, and a standard filler
neck. It holds 1.25 US Quarts. Surely one of you grousing GTV-6 owners
can afford $60 to try to adapt this shiny, Canton/Mecca part to your car.
If one of you succeeds, it will benefit the others. It looks to be about
the size of a can of barbecue starter fluid. I found it in the Pegasus
Auto Racing catalog (great catalog) as part # 2584 (Expansion Tank). They
are at 1-800-688-6946. No financial connection, other than money from me
to them. ;=) You guys figure out who gets to be the guinea pig...