"Skinned Knuckles" on Oil Filters

Paul,

I read the results of Matt's tests on oil filters with great interest.  The
differences in construction, materials, and function were a revelation to me.

The specific results might be a little different today but the lesson would be
the same:  there is a difference.  Stay away from Iffy Lube: cheap labor +
cheap oil + cheap filter = low price + future woe.

I have replaced the old cannisters on most (and all of the ones that actually
move!) of my old Alfas with Les Hurlock's spin-on adaptor.  Probably the best
thing I have done to those engines.

My filter of choice remains Toyota.

Bill