GTV6 Coolant tank

Dave,

I cant believe that dealers are charging $95 for the original GTV6
coolant tanks!  This is such a scam on the dealers part.  The original
price of the coolant tanks was $16.00 and I just bought the last one my
dealer had 2 months ago for that price.  I cant understand how some
dealers are trying to take advantage of us loyal Alfa owners.  I would
suggest that you try calling different dealers in the U.S. and seeing if
they have any GTV6 tanks in stock for the original price of $16.00.  What
dealer is trying to sell you a GTV6 tank for $95??  Is it an authorized
Alfa Romeo dealer??  That is just too much money for that plastic tank!
For that kind of money, you could get a custom tank made out of stainless
steel or aluminum that race cars use.  I think in the near future, I may
get a custom stainless steel coolant tank and windshield washer tank made
for my GTV6.  I bet it would look AWESOME!!  If I ever get the stainless
coolant tank and windshield washer tank made, I would be more than happy
to sell you my new GTV6 plastic tank for the original price of $16. But,
that may be 1 or 2 years down the road.  Anyway, I wish you the best of
luck.

VIVA ALFA ROMEO!!!

Todd   '81 GTV6