Alfa Parts reply

Glenn wrote,then AlfaBill wrote, then Brian replied....

> why not the selenia oil that alfa sells?

 Frankly, it's expensive. My opinion.... :o) Cool can though...

> if we all went to pep boys and requested alfa parts, and they could make a
> profit on them, then they'd sell them to us.

If there was enough of a market, they would already be selling them.
With only 5000 164s in the USA, they don't even pay attention. Neither
do most of the aftermarket companies. (I've looked) The cold reality is
there is not enough of "us" to even get their attention.

> of course *they* have a positive attitude about staying, they loose their
> jobs if they don't sell parts.

I think Fiat would find a home for them, but I think you are missing the
point. We are in the "now" and should make the most of the situation.
They could be indignant and just do the legal requirements and then get
out. I personally prefer it with ARI here. With what they have to work
with, they are trying hard. 3 people in a storefront....

> i gave up relying on alfa for parts long before they left town.

I don't understand this....I have no trouble getting parts for most of
the current needs, but I understand also that some of these are low
production, old cars and the demand is not there. Just because a few
folks want a part for a 35 year old car to be waiting on the shelf,
doesn't mean it is worthwhile to sit on it for 10 years.

> sorry for the negativism, but alfa romeo let me down big time when they
> pulled out.  i see no reason to make charitable donations to them.  i'll
> support ereminas, centerline, iap, ricambi, etc, who seem to be here
> because
> they care.

They let me down too, Brian. My 164 value dropped big time. I own an
orphan, but my life is too short to lose gut lining over it. I think
it's sad, because I think they could have marketed the car MUCH better
and they should be up there with BMW. But it isn't charity...it's
business.Theirs....

My issue with this statement is that it seems you think that Alfa
dealers don't care. I am just like AR and Int'l and the rest. We are
just a small dealer in Tampa, We lost alot of money when ARDONA stopped
selling cars, but we can make the most of what we have, and move on.
Meanwhile, why condemn me because I sell the factory parts? So does AR
and Int'l and Centerline....

The cold hard facts are this, If the demand was there, someone would be
picking up the slack. It isn't. That's why Matt Jones needs almost a
grand for a set of rubber Duetto mats....Low volume is either not
practical or big bucks...Folks want it both ways, and economics don't
allow it.

 No offense taken, as I don't think it was implied... Just don't kill
the messenger... :o)

AlfaBill
aka Alfa Squirell , Alfa Ardilla (Victor's Cuban)

- --
M a s t r o  M o t o r s -
Wholesale Internet Parts for Alfa Romeo & Subaru
http://mastrosubaru.com/parts.htm

End of alfa-digest V7 #485