RE: oil filters

> On the subject of oil filters, I'll add two cents.Use the factory oil
> filter,Bill Harkell offered them for $49.00 for ten,they have a better
filter
> element than aftermarket filters, the V6 oil filter fits the 2 litre 4
> cylinder and you don't have to have double jointed elbows to put them in
> either.Factory is best, hands down.

just out of curiousity, on what research is this based?  what makes for the
better filter compound?

i was told at one point (by a friend who was a parts manager at an alfa
dealership here in mass) that alfa filters were sourced from fram, and that
they were the same thing.

personally, there are some aftermarket filters that i'd avoid like the
plague.  others are of very good quality.  statements like the above, unless
backed by real research, i find misleading.

bs