thanks,Trivia Packrat/tape and stripe editions

Greetings Alfisti and JoHn in particular!
     Thanks for the info on my Velocissima questions,I had no pictures or info
to go on.John, my additional $20.00 to the Welty fund goes out in the mail
Friday morning,please send me that photo! email me off post for the address.I
need that photo,because I want to make the car as stock as I can.I wasn't even
aware that there was "velocissima" script on the rear window spoiler! Rest
assured,it looks like the car might never be restored to totally stock
condition,because the front spoiler and air dam for this car is gone.
     It may be a "tape and stripe"edition,but it's a part of Alfa's history
(good,bad or ugly,like the ARNA)  and a visual reminder that "those who forget
their history are destined to repeat it".It's an attention getter in
traffic,people who don't glance twice at a Milano or 164 stare at this car.If
enough people stare and get interested in Alfas,another Alfisti is possibly
born and an Alfa is purchased, another of these magnificent vehicles ends up
getting saved from an ignomious end;and the new Alfisti ends up with a
lifelong "Alfa song" addiction,solved only by the purchase of yet more
Alfas.IMHO.(Taking off rose colored glasses now...........)
        If I had an Alfa worthy of being named after Fred DiMatteo,it would
have to be either a 33 Stradale,a 6c2500,a TipoB,TZ 2 or a 158 racer.It would
have to be among the best of all Alfas,because the help, advice and effort
this man has put into Alfa Romeo as a marque in the US has been nothing short
of priceless.When I purchase one of these (when I win the VA lottery and can
afford that dream 10 car garage),then I'll have something worth naming after
him.
Enjoying our Alfas immensely,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
  1987 Milano Gold-Alfie
1984 GTV6-Vito (getting ready for the new owners)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (not worthy of being called Fred)