The Mackeys and brake dust covers

For the traveling Digester who visited the Mackeys, Are they not the
nicest folks? And what a collection of toys! I love the little 2 seat
coupe in the barn...That is a fond memory of my trip. It may sound
cheesy, but I still (!) have the rose bud in Sophia's dash mounted
budvase that Mrs. Mackey gave me as I was departing for Zelaznyville,
TX. There's alot of good folks out there.

Re: the brake dust shields, I would agree with Alan L. that the solution
is the source and not the covers, which block off air flow for cooling
the brake equipment. A good aftermarket pad will help. And an
alternative to the tight pattern to the L wheels also makes life easier.

I switched to th "S" style from steel with caps and they are heaven
compared to my "new" used set of "L" wheels, which I got a couple weeks
ago.[(DOA) Dirty on Arrival] Best trick is to wax the wheels after you
get them clean and increase the frequency of washing. That stuff is mean
to wheels.

DON'T let the car washes spray "acid" wheel cleaners on your rims. It
etches the clear coating and they look like crap in no time. Yes, it
cleans 'em fast, and removes all traces of old dust but at the price of
long term looks.

Wind session over.

AlfaBill