Street/Performance Brake Pads

I learned a lot from my first time trial of the life which happen to be
at laguna seca.

Due to lack of time for preparation, I replaced the somewhat unevenly
worn semi metalic pads with new organic pads that you can get from
any of the auto part stores (bendix), figuring that at least I will
have plenty of pads to wear during the track time. I bought these
several years ago as emergency spare. I have been running Don Eremina's
semi-metalic since I started driving milanos back in 93.

The first thing I noticed is the effort required to brake. It is significantly
higher than those of semi-metalics. I told my self that I just need to
step on the brake harder on the track.

What a mistake!!! These pads pretty much faded after my first 2 laps
on laguna seca!!!!! You do NOT want to have faded brake coming down hill
to the turn 2 the Andretti Hairpin? nor the turn 11 at buttom of the hill
that goes to left at more than 90 degree (maybe around 110-120?) Scary!

Came out of session early, stopped the car, and found brake fluid splashed
some on cam cover and surrounding area (uh.. didn't I just bleeded with
DOT4 a few month back?) Anyway, bleeded the brake again that night,
plus driving with conserving brake in mind, it worked slightly better on
the 2nd day. Braking was still weak, but manageable. Just need to
brake really early, some times even before the first count down numbers.

What I learned about brakes? Forget about street pads!!!! Get your favorite
semi-metalic installed all time if not the full metalic ones! Bleeding
the brake is A MUST right before any track time!!!

I know must of you who've done many track times already know, but
for those haven't tried it with your Alfa, and intend to, DO remember
to get good pads and bleed brake fluid!!!

Oh, and don't be cheap on tires like me. While sliding around the
corner is fun, going too slowly on the track is not.

Jess <--- Still VERY happy to have done the Time Trial