Report on Heat-Shielding Milano ABS

Hi Folks with Milano ABS,

I just want to report that I had success prevending ABS from overheating!!!

Right before the time trial at laguna seca (My FIRST time trial!!!
FUN!!!, but that's another story!)  I bought a piece of insulation
sheet that was labeled for starters. It is made of some heat
insulating fiber material with reflective foil on one side. It comes
inthe size of about 9 inch by 2 feet, and cost a bit at around $30 tax
included. A bit pricy I thought.

Anyway, the result is that the ABS survived 2 days of hard-braking
without overheating! The ABS warning light never came on! (though
the organic brake pads and boiling brake fluid didn't help much)
At first I worried if it will keep even more heat and cook itself,
but 2 days track time proved that most heat come from the engine bay
radiating from the manifold. At the end of each session, the pump's
temperature is "touchable" vs "untouchable" that it was before.

Now that's $30 well spend!!!

I should give a little comparison too. My ABS overheated after about
20 min at Sears Point's lunch tour a while back.

Anyone with overheating ABS pump should give it a try. Even if your's
doesn't, install the insulation will only prolong the pump's life!

No More ABS Warning Worries!!!!!! YEEEPI!!!!!!!

Jess <-- 88 Verde
Anyone from the digest went to the time trial last weekend at laguna seca?
I think I saw Alan Lambert's white spider? but never got to meet him...