VCT

	Does anyone out there know the specifics of how the vct setups work
and the differences between the two types? I know that one is mechanically
operated via oil pressure and one is electronically actuated (but still
driven by oil pressure right?). I have diagrams of the '86 setup, but still
have a hard time figuring it out.
	Does the solinoid just allow the vct system to turn on and off? Do
they both offer the same amount of advance/retard?  How do they compare wrt
performance? The '86 spider factory manual says that the system is
sensative to engine load which I am guessing was done to improve fuel
economy. I would like to add one of the vct systems to my car, but don't
know which one would be better or if the added difficulty of installing the
later version is worth it.
	Has anyone tried the performance cams that IAP sells for Bosch
injected Spiders? How do you like them?

- -Obie
'78 Alfetta GT

I have read that the electronic version is either